A couple years ago I posted an article with my top 20 reasons to visit Round Top, Texas. And here’s the thing, each and every one of these reasons are still true and still my top reasons for going to Antique Week for every. single. show. I can’t imagine missing a chance to search through acres and acres for antique treasures and unique finds…and that includes people.
Since we are approaching the Marburger Farm 2016 Fall Show, I thought it perfectly appropriate to republish this list and remind you of why we love Antique Week deep down to the very soles of our boots.
Top 20 reasons you should visit Round Top, Texas during Antique Week
1. Round Top, Texas is a tiny town, population NINETY, but during Antique Week, there are tens of thousands that descend on this quaint town. This alone is worth seeing.
2. Someone taking a picture of you shopping could land you smack in the center of an issue of Southern Living Magazine.
3. Drinking iced tea on the porch of a 100 year old Bingo Hall.
4. World class artists at Marburger. “What? oh, you don’t say? You sell for Anthropology and are on the cover of Uncommon Goods?? I didn’t know that….no, I didn’t stalk your art like a crazy person and come running to see you…“
5. Shopping for rare, incredible antiques with longhorns standing in a Texas pasture as your backdrop.
6. This is the ONLY place and time in my life I can hail a guy on a golf cart and he jumps at the chance to haul my items all over tarnation and deposit me at the end of the day at my car.
7. “Mar-buritas” in the Bingo Hall after a long day of shopping.
8. Sheriffs on horseback keeping order. Everytime I see them I have to suppress the desire to yell, “Keep ordah, here!” in my spot-on British accent.
9. Telling your friends you’ll meet them in the Silver Dollar Saloon after you finish in the Dance Hall.
10. Bud’s Chocolate Chip Pie from Pie Haven. Ok, let’s be honest here. ANYTHING from Pie Haven.
11. The chance to accidentally (accidentally on purpose) bump into Matthew McConaughey, Joanna Gaines, or Miranda Lambert at the Kettle Corn booth.
12. Junk Gypsy as seen on HGTV. Yeehaw.
13. Prom Night. Yes, there is a prom night for all ages (over 21) and costumes like a light up two person gondola and working lamps that are stunning and bizarre. My two favorite combinations.
14. People watching. (see #13)
15. There are over 20 venues of antiques spread throughout Round Top, Warrenton, Giddings, Carmine, Fayettville, and Burton. (but the best is Marburger’s 43 acres packed with antiques!)
16. Road Trip with girlfriends!
17. A plate full of the world famous Black’s BBQ from Lockhart, Texas
18. Seeing a helicopter land in the back field to deposit shoppers at Marburger. (um, hello best way to travel, EVER.)
19. The chance to wear your cowboy boots and say “y’all” a lot.
20. We set up a treasure hunt for you with antiques from around the world. ’nuff said.
So, mark your calendar and your spouse’s calendar and your shopping buddy’s calendar and your mom’s calendar and any calendar you can and COME!
See you Sept. 27- Oct. 1, 2016.